The Cathedral of the Annunciation in Kazan Kremlin (Благовещенский собор Казанского кремля), Tatarstan, Russia.
The Cathedral of the Annunciation was the first Orthodox Church within the walls of the Kazan Kremlin after Ivan the Terrible's annexation of the Kazan Khanate. Initially, a wooden church was quickly built was built in 1552 on place of Kremlin Cathedral Mosque. In 1556-1562 the wooden church was replaced by a stone cathedral. The cathedral then became the centre of religious and educational life and missionary efforts in the province of Kazan.
The statue in the foreground is called the Monument to the Kazan Kremlin architects. The two figures represents a sitting master in Old Russian clothes and standing Tatar architect in the clothes of Kazan Khanate period. They hold the design and drafts of the Kazan Kremlin.
CathedralAnnunciationKazanKremlinTatarstanRussiaOrthodoxChurchKhanateWoodIvan the TerribleStoneStatueMonumentArchitectMasterHDRLandmarkfoje64