This is the Church of Saint Nicholas (Sankt Nikolai kyrka) a parish church located in the centre of Örebro, adjacent to Stortorget (the Grand Square). Up until 1900 it was known as the Church of Örebro (Örebro kyrka) since it was the only church in Örebro. The church is believed to have been built by merchants from Lübeck. Constructions begun in the later part of 13th century but the church was not competed until the early 14th century. The older parts of the church are built in Romanesque style but the newer parts are built in Gothic style. The church got its name after Saint Nicholas the patron saint of sailors and merchants.
The Riksdag of 1810, when Marshal Jean Baptiste Jules Bernadotte was elected Crown Prince of Sweden and Norway, where held in the Church of Saint Nicolas.
ChurchSaint NicholasSankt NicolaiKyrkaParishÖrebroStortorgetMerchantLübeckRomanesqueGothicBernadotteCrown PrinceSwedenNorwayLandmarkHDRfoje64