An autumn view of Ängsö Church at Ängsö island in Västerås municipality, Sweden.
Ängsö Church was built around 1340 by Nils Abjörnsson, the owner of nearby Ängsö Castle. The church probably replaced an earlier chapel at the same location. The church is preserved as built with two exceptions. Pipers crypt was added 1730 and in 1744 the church tower was built replacing the older stand alone bell tower. The wall around the church was also built in the 1700’s. Even if the church served as a parish church it had rather a role of castle church.